Friday, June 27, 2008

Not quite there as yet...

I was supposed to board the Jet Airways flight from new delhi to mumbai today morning. And as I write this the indian students will probably be boarding the flight from mumbai to sydney.
Well well well, they say everything that can go wrong will go wrong. That seems to have been the operating factor in my life for the past one week. Just when I thought I was somehow going to manage the last minute packing etc there came a postman knocking on my door. The next thing I know I'm required to be here in Delhi for some work on June 30th - not avoidable, non-negotiable. To say I was heartbroken would be an understatement. I just could not believe my luck...or rather, the lack of it! I spent a day trying to reschedule the meeting and eventually wrote an email to Carlie saying I wouldnt be able to make it. She called me back instantly, and I explained the situation to her. She very calmly said "ok so how about you join us after your interview?" Honestly, I couldn't believe my ears!! Was that really possible?! Within a day she got my flights from Delhi to Mumbai, and then to Sydney rescheduled. So now I should be in sydney on july 2nd, ceteris paribus.
Until then I hope to get the early reactions to the forum through the other bloggers!! Enjoy the welcome cruise & eco tour on the weekend :) See you soon!
-Soumya

No comments: